Monday, March 30, 2009

Great Speeches

When I was in high school, I was on the speech team one year. My speech was in the category "Great Speeches" which involved reciting parts of a great speech, with my own commentary in between. I never did win -- though the Frederick Douglass speech I used was amazing, I don't think I was an amazing speaker.

It looks like we may, however, have a future public speaker in our family. This video was taken after at least 10 minutes of performance had already elapsed, at which point we went to get the camera assuming we would likely have missed everything by the time we started taping - happily, we were mistaken!

We'd love to know what you think Meredith is talking about - please make a comment!

5 comments:

Laura said...

This is my take:

Bubbles - where are the bubbles? I shake and move and splash the water and still no bubbles. A bath is supposed to have bubbles - WHERE ARE THEY?

Canadi-Ann said...

Excellent hand gestures, eye contact with the (adoring) audience, great vocal quality, effective use of pauses when necessary and terrific conclusion! I would say a fantastic speech - 10 out of 10. :)

opanoma said...

Sounds like a private conversation with the water fairies, not realizing that ,in this case, an "in-camera" session means what happens in the bathroom doesn't necessarily stay in the bathroom.

I heard a few "da"'s in there. Maybe it's Russian.

I suppose it's 'tub' be continued, now that she realizes the world is listening

Sounds like she'll grow up to be be an uninhibited, gregarious person just like her opa

thanks for sharing this

Love to you all
opanoma

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

That was hysterical!!!
What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

wtf