Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Is this a conversation?

Just a short one today, to let you in on a funny conversation I had with Meredith. The background info that you need to know is that we all went to visit Oma and Opa, and Grandma and Grandpa, in November/December, and that I went to Atlanta by myself the first weekend of January for a conference.

This conversation happened just a few days ago:

Meredith: Mommy go Atlanta, come back!

Me: Yeah, I did! And I came back!

Meredith: Meredith go on a airplane!

Me: Yes you did. Where did you go?

Meredith: Close the window!

Me: Yes, you sat by the window didn't you? (she liked opening/closing the shade)

Meredith: Yeah!

Me: Who did you go to see?

Meredith: (nothing)

Me: Who did you go to see? Who was waiting for us?

Meredith: Waiting for us...the FROGGIES!

Me: What? There were froggies waiting for us?

Meredith: No! (said in a tone of "come on, Mom, that would be silly"). Waiting for us....ABCs!


Then I realized: you just can't assume a 2-year-old is in the same conversation you are.

No comments: